Sunday, November 23, 2014

Vegas Recap

So I was walking the pug today and saw a leaf spiraling down from a tree. That pretty much sums up how Vegas went for me lol.

Played 2x $125 Aria Daily's and ran into AA both times in push\fold territory. 33<AA and QQ<AA.

Busted 48/162ish in the $580 at WSOPC Planet Hollywood with Team CardsChat. The great thing is it was a Last Longer, and we chopped 3 ways after 7 players busted. So with the team discount and the chop, I was able to play the tourney for $173 which was awesome.

One of our team mates was on a massive heater and final-tabled the event, busting out in 8th for $3017. I railed until 2am because I didn't want to miss her run. It was a lot of fun but I was a zombie the next day.

Other than that, I dropped $100 in a Lord of the Rings slot, which made me feel disgusted, but at least I stuck to my budget.

Since then, I've decided to ramp up on Bovada and start playing some of the super stacks. Played a $2, $7, and $10 last night. Was close to cashing in the $10 but made a mistake or two and went out 44<TT with 8BB, over played 20 spots from the bubble. Wish I would hit my set in those spots.

Downloaded a poker profit\loss tracker called MyPokerBankroll.com. Entered all sessions from this year, which include several tourneys and two live cash sessions. I'm actually still up $290, but travel expenses in Vegas twice really killed me, hence retreating to Bovada for a while.

I've improved my game a bit though so it's all good. Got better and quicker at calculating pot odds, thanks to an iPad app. Still so much to learn tho, but will keep showing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment