Saturday, March 1, 2014

Bovada Cashout :-(

I did something today that I had wanted to avoid: cashed out most of my Bovada balance, just under $2k. I don't need the $$; I just won't be able to play a lot of MTTs any time soon due the need to focus on a family health issue, so it made sense to cash out in case Texas makes a move to prevent Texans from playing Texas Holdem. #irony

Also, if Black Friday taught US players anything, it's to avoid keeping money in your poker accounts for too long until America catches up to the rest of the world on the fact that poker is more like investing than gambling.

Due to a deep run last November (4th of 1500+ in a $10+$1), I was so over-rolled for the games I was playing that I didn't worry too much about variance or results. Now it's just money without a purpose other than protecting it from potential misguided political shenanigans. And it will be harder to hit my goal of $5k without being properly rolled to play games that can get me there. 

In the meantime, I will concentrate on freerolls, SnGs, and CardsChat league and special events. They are great about keeping things fun and interesting for the active members of the site, and it's cool to get to know some of the regs a little better.

In better news, I hope to have something positive to report on the domain name speculation front, but I don't want to jinx it until the deal is done. More later.






No comments:

Post a Comment