Wednesday, November 13, 2013

click click BOOM!


Duked it out against 1253 players tonight, placed 4th, and turned $11 into $828 and some change. This marks my biggest single cash in a live or online event. 

Big Mistake: In my last hand, I shoved A5o from UTG with 16bb and ran into TT which improved to a set. Almost completed a wheel but it didn't happen. I overplayed the hand, as I was covered and likely getting called by AT+ and most pairs. I just got tired and wanted to go out swinging I guess, but clearly minraising or folding was the most correct move.

Until the end, I think I did a pretty good job of respecting the pay jumps on the final table. In one hand, I raised AQo from UTG to 2.5bb, then UTG+3 3-bet shoved and had me covered. I tanked for as long as possible and looked at the remaining pay jumps. Since we had a few shorter stacks left to bust, I opted to fold in that spot, which feels correct in hindsight (EDIT: Hand history showed that he had me beat with AKo...good fold).

It was a $600 difference if I had busted in 7th.

Time to go to sleZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment