Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Oops!

Registered for a $1000 guaranteed Knockout (bounty) tournament for $15 + $1.50, and was shocked to see four cards dealt to me pre-flop. It was Pot Limit Omaha (PLO)- not a game that I normally pay to play due to lack of experience, but I fared ok and slid into 18th out of 92 for the minimum payout.

Actually, I made a few bad all-in plays and simply got rewarded on the river...but I'll take it. Our league host wants to change things up next year by switching to PLO for the 2nd tournament of each event. Fine with me because it is considered the game of the future for high-rollers, and tends to make one a better Hold'em player.

As soon as I realized my registration mistake, I quickly googled "top Omaha starting hands", lol...n00b.

No comments:

Post a Comment